Server Job Description
Can you remain cool under pressure, giving great customer service while working in a high volume environment? Apply here!
Our Servers inform our guests about our fine selection of food and drink and deliver desired menu selections to guests dining both in our billiards room and on the lanes. These team members exhibit world-class service by taking menu orders, reviewing orders for accuracy and delivering these orders speedily, accepting payments and making change for our guests. Servers, however, do more than just deliver food and drink; they maintain a thorough knowledge of our menu, our current promotions, and our specials. Servers routinely check back with their guests—anticipating needs and exceeding expectations—all with the ultimate goal of providing the highest level of guest care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take, prepare and serve all food and beverage orders placed by guests
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Welcome each guest personally and make guests feel appreciated
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language always
- Anticipate guest’s needs. Be alert of guest signals and acknowledge the guest
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for the purchase of alcohol
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables and take to kitchen for cleaning
- Process payment transactions thanking guest by name
- Responsible service of alcohol.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dining and billiard areas throughout the shift
- Perform all applicable opening, mid-day or closing preparation, cleaning and maintenance duties according to the requirements of the shift worked
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed by Company management
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to operate computer, cash register and credit card verification equipment
- A minimum of 6 months prior job experience with cash handling responsibilities is preferred
- Basic reading and mathematical skills, handle money and give correct change
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and be familiar with standard drink recipes
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressure amid distractions
- Possess an outgoing and friendly manner, courteous and cooperative attitude, team oriented
- Knowledge of food and beverage specifications and workplace safety procedures
- Well-groomed and neat appearance
- Successful completion of Tips Alcohol Service Certification
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and 6+ months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must successfully complete TIPS training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a kitchen requiring the use of hot cooking equipment, sharp knives and hot fryer oil. The Server will be trained to respect the need for safe work practices and always use gloves, personal protective equipment as needed, and equipment provided to safely deal with sharp objects and hot surfaces.