Prep Cook Job Description
Can you stand the heat? Then get in our kitchen! Apply here!
Our Prep Cooks stock our kitchen and portion menu items according to the standard recipes set out in our recipe guide. Successful members of our staff will be responsible for creating ingredient portions, stocking to par levels, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area, and are committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Memorize and utilize serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen, based on the recipe book guidelines.
- Portion and stock ingredients based on the recipe book guidelines
- Prepare all components of each item on the menu using documented recipes.
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet the high standard of cleanliness.
- Work with other prep and line cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed.
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on ServSafe principles. Use ServSafe guidelines to effectively manage time and temperature for all food being prepared and served.
- Take customer orders at the counter when necessary, and deliver menu items to the customers at the concourse tables.
- Must be willing to work mostly night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to listen attentively and timely process information, and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math and measurement skills, and have the ability to interpret common food safety guidelines, interpret recipe cards, and read, write, and communicate in the English language. Must be able to communicate accurately and professionally with managers, team-members, and guests in the English language.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and 1+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must successfully complete ServSafe training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a kitchen requiring the use of hot cooking equipment, sharp knives and hot fryer oil. The Prep Cook will be trained to respect the need for safe work practices and always use gloves, personal protective equipment as needed, and equipment provided to safely deal with fryer oil and hot surfaces.