AMF 82-70 Pinspotter Mechanic Job Description
Are you mechanically minded with a desire to learn? Apply here!
A pinspotter mechanic maintains, services and repairs bowling lanes, pin-setting equipment (AMF Pinspotters), bowling pins, bowling balls, ball returns, automatic scoring equipment, and all other related mechanical systems within a bowling center to make sure that they are operating at very low “stop ratio.” The bowling pinspotter mechanic’s job contributes to the overall safety and satisfaction of the bowling center’s guests. This is an important position and a structured B-Mechanic training program will be provided; experienced mechanics should also apply.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain equipment based on the published preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment in the center, as directed by the supervising mechanic or facility manager.
- Help to maintain a safe and malfunction-free bowling experience.
- Maintain, and if necessary repair all mechanical and electronic equipment to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Clean and maintain bowling pins as necessary and as directed by the supervising mechanic or facility manager.
- Assist with keeping detailed records of parts, costs, and mechanical performance as required for management reporting.
- Maintain, clean, repair, and adjust automatic scoring equipment.
- Ensure that workshop and machine areas are clean and free of clutter at all times.
- Respond to building and other equipment maintenance needs as directed by the facility manager and/or the management team.
- Must be willing to work mostly night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to listen attentively and rapidly process information, and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Must have a high school certificate or GED; trade school certification preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math and measurement skills, and have the ability to interpret common technical manuals and schematics, read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to communicate accurately and professionally with managers, team-members, and guests in the English language.
- Must have a good sense of balance and be able to bend, kneel, sit, crouch, or crawl frequently, and regularly lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- Must be comfortable working in loud environments and use the personal protective devices (hearing protection) provided.
- To ensure the highest level of personal safety, must adhere to all safety procedures and precautions when working on, near or around bowling pinspotters, including but not limited to lock-out tag-out, and wearing the personal protective equipment provided.
This job description is intended to convey summary information essential to understanding the scope of the job for a job seeker; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.