Hosting a Bowling Fundraiser
Fundraising events are a great way to increase awareness and raise money for local charities, communities, or people in need. Organizing a fundraising event can be a great experience for everyone involved, and we’re here to help everything run like a well oiled machine. Below, we walk through the key steps to making your fundraiser a wild success!
Drakeshire Lanes Fundraiser Package:
- Two hours of bowling
- Rental shoes
- Two slices of cheese or pepperoni pizza and unlimited pop per person
- Fundraiser registration table
- Table setup for raffle prizes, 50/50, etc.
- All for just $13.50 per person
5 Key Steps to Ensure a Successful Fundraiser:
Bowling fundraisers are an excellent way to raise money and awareness because they’re enjoyable for every age group. Bowling is fun for everyone! Following the steps laid out below will ensure a great time for attendees, and a smooth and stress-free experience for the organizer.
- Sell tickets in advance: Selling tickets in advance is a key part of making your fundraiser a success. This will allow you to know in advance how many people to expect, and how much money you will raise. You will sell tickets at the door the night of the event, but our most successful fundraisers sell 80-90% of their tickets in advance of the event.
- Create a registration period before bowling is scheduled to start: Tell your guests to arrive half an hour before bowling starts. If your fundraiser is scheduled from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, guests should expect to arrive at 5:30pm. This will allow plenty of time to get everyone registered, assign them to a bowling lane, and get them fitted for bowling shoes. It will also ensure everyone gets as much time as possible for the fun part: bowling!
- Order pizza and pop in advance: Let us know what time you would like your pizza and pop served, and also what type of pizza and pop you would like served (half pepperoni/half cheese, 75% pepperoni/25% cheese, etc), in advance of your event. This will mean less worry about food logistics for you as you’re getting the fundraiser started, and it will make it easier for us to ensure we are prepared and ready for your group. The more you can focus on raising funds, the better!
- Run a 50/50 raffle: Running a 50/50 raffle is a great way to increase the funds going towards your cause. Purchase a roll of tickets (we can help you here) and charge a fee for a certain amount of tickets ($5 for 10 tickets, $10 for 25 tickets for example). Once you’ve gotten as many people to participate as possible, pull the winning ticket. The winner takes home half the pot, and the other half goes straight to the fundraiser. It’s a win/win!
- Run a basket raffle: Another great opportunity to raise additional funds is through a basket raffle. See a list of potential basket ideas here. Have volunteers put together the baskets, then sell tickets and run a silent auction during your bowling fundraiser. Call last call for tickets 45 minutes before your fundraiser ends, and then start calling winners about 15 minutes later. A basket raffle is a great way to keep participants engaged all the way through the end of the fundraiser!