Its hard to go wrong with a bowling birthday party. With the classic fun of the lanes, hot food catered right to your seat, and a game room for added fun, bowling parties are a strike every time. But just because something is already great doesn’t mean it can’t get better. Take your birthday party to a new world of fun with these bowling party games.
Fun Games for a Bowling Party
- Pick a twist, any twist. Spice up a traditional game of bowling with twists made for funny Facebook pics. On slips of paper, write twists on the traditional bowling shot,like bowl with your left hand or bowl balanced on one foot. Put all the twists in a bowl and have players pick a piece of paperwhen its their turn to bowl. Get ready to laugh your socks off!
- Jackpot bowling. Put a party twist on a classic bowling game. Assign each pin a number and a prize. Make challenging combinations worth more points. Tally up each bowlers pins after each turn and see who won the most!
- Beat the ball down the lanes. Are the kids getting bored waiting for their turn? Heres a fun game for you: race against the lanes. Come up with objectives for the non-bowlers (some fun ideas: name Superheroes, write down a fun story about the birthday kid, or eat the most hot wings). The clock starts when the ball leaves the bowler’s hand, and the contestants have until it hits the pins to achieve their objective.
Want more bowling party ideas? Call Drakeshire Lanes to plan your Farmington Hills birthday party.
Theres a lot to be thankful for this year. We have an amazing team working to make Drakeshire Lanes fun, with top-notch service and plenty of entertainment. We get to share the smiles of people who love our favorite activity, whether they’re professional bowlers or just stopping by for a birthday party. And we have opportunities on the horizon that are sure to make our Farmington Hills bowling center better than ever.
We want to give you one more thing to be thankful for this year: bowling! Whether you want a night of laughter with visiting relatives, time to relax after a long day of cooking, or just a fun place to hang out with friends, Drakeshire Lanes has bowling to spare this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Hours at Drakeshire Lanes
Things can get a little hectic around the holidays. Need a few hours of fun (or just to get out-of-town relatives out of the kitchen for five minutes)? Drakeshire Lanes is your stop for holiday play. Not only do we have bowling and billiards, but we also have a full menu of restaurant-quality meals in The Grille. You’ve done enough cooking already!
- Thanksgiving week: We’re keeping our normal schedule this week. Bowl 11am-11pm on Wednesday, 11am-1am on Friday, and 10am-1am on Saturday. Whenever you need a break from the mayhem, well be here (with projectiles to throw down the lanes).
- Thanksgiving Day: You spend all day cooking, stuff yourself, and cleaning up, and then . . . what? Come bowl! We’re opening our doors for bowling from 4-10pm on Thanksgiving Day. Watch the game on our big screen TVs, laugh with the people you love, andpretend you’re not just lounging around in a turkey coma.
Happy Thanksgiving from Drakeshire Lanes! For more information on holiday bowling, give us a call.
Whats even better than bowling? Holiday bowling! And with Thanksgiving just around the corner, the craziness of the holiday season is already rolling down the lanes. Don’t go spare trying to plan the perfect holiday. Make your Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years extraordinary with a little help from Drakeshire Lanes.
3 Tips for Surviving the Holidays
- Do your shopping early. Would your uncle love a personalized bowling shirt? Does your best friend need her own bowling ball? Ensure a great gift by shopping early. And for those of you who plan to ignore our advice (yes, we’re guilty of last-minute shopping, too), a gift card is an easy gift with plenty of value. Not only are you encouraging a future day of fun, but a Drakeshire Lanes gift card can be used for food, drinks, and billiards as well as bowling.
- Plan your parties. When the holiday season rolls around, it seems like there’s a new party every week. Neighborhoods, church groups, and businessesplan holiday events every year. Help your party stand out from the crowd by booking a holiday bowling event. Not only will you get bowling, shoe rentals, special game formats, and private party room availability, well also cater exclusive menu items like barbecue, fajitas, or wings right to your lane.
- Be merry. Its easy to get lost in the bustle of the season, but in the end, the holidays are about spending time with the people you love. Whether you want a day out with your friends, time to connectwith your family, or something to distract visiting relatives while you prep the house, bowling is the perfect day out during the holiday season. Just don’t forget to call ahead and reserve your lane!
How do you celebrate? Let us know how we can make this holiday season the best one yet. For more information on private bowling parties, reserving lanes, or holiday events in Farmington Hills, call Drakeshire Lanes.
Friday and Saturday nights come around with a glow here at Drakeshire Lanes! It doesn’t have to be midnight to get dark. Especially at this time of year when daylights savings time has kicked in and the days are getting longer. With our Glow Bowling starting at 8:30 p.m., we have all your weekend fun set for you and your friends! Check out our glow bowl event details.
Get prepared while we turn down the lights and turn on the black lights. You’ll get in the mood with our music videos being played all over the bowling alley, disco balls, flashing lights and LED color changing lights directly above the pins giving you the most ultimate glow in the dark bowling experience in Metro Detroit! There’s no other bowling entertainment center with glow bowling like ours!
It’s a Black Light Party!
Looking for Black light party ideas? We have them, and they make for great teen party ideas and adult party ideas too! You don’t have to be a kid to have fun at glow bowling, it’s fun for everyone! Be sure to wear white or florescent clothing, so the bowling alley wont be the only thing glowing! Coordinate with your friends to wear team made black light reflective clothing, bring glow sticks, head bands whatever gets you in the glow mood!