Its hard to go wrong with a bowling birthday party. With the classic fun of the lanes, hot food catered right to your seat, and a game room for added fun, bowling parties are a strike every time. But just because something is already great doesn’t mean it can’t get better. Take your birthday party to a new world of fun with these bowling party games.
Fun Games for a Bowling Party
- Pick a twist, any twist. Spice up a traditional game of bowling with twists made for funny Facebook pics. On slips of paper, write twists on the traditional bowling shot,like bowl with your left hand or bowl balanced on one foot. Put all the twists in a bowl and have players pick a piece of paperwhen its their turn to bowl. Get ready to laugh your socks off!
- Jackpot bowling. Put a party twist on a classic bowling game. Assign each pin a number and a prize. Make challenging combinations worth more points. Tally up each bowlers pins after each turn and see who won the most!
- Beat the ball down the lanes. Are the kids getting bored waiting for their turn? Heres a fun game for you: race against the lanes. Come up with objectives for the non-bowlers (some fun ideas: name Superheroes, write down a fun story about the birthday kid, or eat the most hot wings). The clock starts when the ball leaves the bowler’s hand, and the contestants have until it hits the pins to achieve their objective.
Want more bowling party ideas? Call Drakeshire Lanes to plan your Farmington Hills birthday party.
Theres a lot to be thankful for this year. We have an amazing team working to make Drakeshire Lanes fun, with top-notch service and plenty of entertainment. We get to share the smiles of people who love our favorite activity, whether they’re professional bowlers or just stopping by for a birthday party. And we have opportunities on the horizon that are sure to make our Farmington Hills bowling center better than ever.
We want to give you one more thing to be thankful for this year: bowling! Whether you want a night of laughter with visiting relatives, time to relax after a long day of cooking, or just a fun place to hang out with friends, Drakeshire Lanes has bowling to spare this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Hours at Drakeshire Lanes
Things can get a little hectic around the holidays. Need a few hours of fun (or just to get out-of-town relatives out of the kitchen for five minutes)? Drakeshire Lanes is your stop for holiday play. Not only do we have bowling and billiards, but we also have a full menu of restaurant-quality meals in The Grille. You’ve done enough cooking already!
- Thanksgiving week: We’re keeping our normal schedule this week. Bowl 11am-11pm on Wednesday, 11am-1am on Friday, and 10am-1am on Saturday. Whenever you need a break from the mayhem, well be here (with projectiles to throw down the lanes).
- Thanksgiving Day: You spend all day cooking, stuff yourself, and cleaning up, and then . . . what? Come bowl! We’re opening our doors for bowling from 4-10pm on Thanksgiving Day. Watch the game on our big screen TVs, laugh with the people you love, andpretend you’re not just lounging around in a turkey coma.
Happy Thanksgiving from Drakeshire Lanes! For more information on holiday bowling, give us a call.
Want to awe your friends and family with your bowling skills? Whether you’re a longtime casual bowler or you’re picking up a bowling ball for the first time, you can improve your game by avoiding these common bowling mistakes.
How to Screw Up a Bowling Shot
- Stance. We get it. The bowling ball is heavy, and the pressure is on. But holding the ball to your chest before the release throws off your center of gravity. Instead, hold the ball to the side so that when you swing, your arm continues along a straight path. Line up your shot down the middle of the lane, and align your body in the direction you want the ball to take.
- Approach. If you falter in your approach, the ball will miss its mark. Practice your approach without the ball a few times, checking your feet to make sure they don’t drift to one side of the lane or the other. You should also check your approach speed. Rushing toward the line wont make your shot any better–in fact, it will probably give you a sloppy swing. Take your time. The pins aren’t going anywhere.
- Release. If you’ve ever seen the gifs of bad bowlers smashing the ceiling tiles, you know the dangers of throwing the ball. Even if you loft it down the lanes (and not into the ceiling), tossing the ball will make it spin out of control, negating your practiced stance and approach. Release the ball just above the foul line. If your release is too early you’ll drop the ball; too late and you’ll get too much lift.
Whats even better than bowling? Holiday bowling! And with Thanksgiving just around the corner, the craziness of the holiday season is already rolling down the lanes. Don’t go spare trying to plan the perfect holiday. Make your Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years extraordinary with a little help from Drakeshire Lanes.
3 Tips for Surviving the Holidays
- Do your shopping early. Would your uncle love a personalized bowling shirt? Does your best friend need her own bowling ball? Ensure a great gift by shopping early. And for those of you who plan to ignore our advice (yes, we’re guilty of last-minute shopping, too), a gift card is an easy gift with plenty of value. Not only are you encouraging a future day of fun, but a Drakeshire Lanes gift card can be used for food, drinks, and billiards as well as bowling.
- Plan your parties. When the holiday season rolls around, it seems like there’s a new party every week. Neighborhoods, church groups, and businessesplan holiday events every year. Help your party stand out from the crowd by booking a holiday bowling event. Not only will you get bowling, shoe rentals, special game formats, and private party room availability, well also cater exclusive menu items like barbecue, fajitas, or wings right to your lane.
- Be merry. Its easy to get lost in the bustle of the season, but in the end, the holidays are about spending time with the people you love. Whether you want a day out with your friends, time to connectwith your family, or something to distract visiting relatives while you prep the house, bowling is the perfect day out during the holiday season. Just don’t forget to call ahead and reserve your lane!
How do you celebrate? Let us know how we can make this holiday season the best one yet. For more information on private bowling parties, reserving lanes, or holiday events in Farmington Hills, call Drakeshire Lanes.
Does your office roll together? Or does everyone at work stay in their own lane? A corporate event is an excellent way to foster team spirit, revitalize the team, get to know coworkers, and even improve productivity. How does it work? Well it starts with a simple call to Drakeshire Lanes.
Corporate Bowling Events in Farmington Hills
When you book an office party at Drakeshire Lanes, we take care of everything: setup, cleanup, special requests and party rooms, and even catering right to your lane. Our group event rate includes:
- 2 hours of bowling + shoe rentals for only $75 per lane
- Party room available for an additional $40 per hour
- Special game formats like Red Pin or 9-Pin No Tap (upon request)
- Catering optionslikebarbeque; fajitas; pizza, wings, and salads; and unlimited drinks
Family Play Days
You probably knew your deskmate has a young daughter. You didn’t know that daughterhas a killer bowling spin. Family Play Days foster corporate culture by giving the team a chance to get to know each other’s families. Not only does this make for a great time, it improves communication and productivity at work. Let the fun begin!
Team Building Bowling
Team building days are great for boosting morale and developing a strong office culture. They help coworkers get to know each other in a relaxed environment, developing team spirit without the awkwardness of trust exercises. Divide your office into bowling teams or go every employee for him/herself. Don’t forget to hand out fun awards for Best Bowler, Most Strikes, Sportsmanship, and #1 Worst Bowler.
Holiday Office Parties
Tired of the same old Christmas parties? Forget decorating the office, renting a ballroom, or cleaning and cooking for the whole teamathome. When you book a holiday corporate event at Drakeshire Lanes, its all on us: the setup and cleanup, the food and drinks, and of course, the fun. Time to celebrate!
Booking a corporate bowling event is easier than ever. Simply call our Farmington Hills bowling center or request a quote online.
Join in on the Bowl for Gold Summer Fun!
Do you and your friends need something that will get you out of the heat and into a cool summer activity? We can help with that! Sign up and try our summer bowling leagues at Drakeshire Lanes! We offer adult mixed league bowling that runs during the hottest times of the summer.
If you’ve been wanting to join a league for a while, now is your chance! Give yourself a Monday night activity away from the house. You and your friends can have an excuse to get away and see each other every week. Want a great date night idea for you and your loved one? Grab your bowling shoes and another couple and form a team! It’s the perfect way to have fun and beat the Monday blues.
Our Summer league days are on Mondays at 6:30 pm and are made up by teams of 4. So if you and 3 of your friends want to play, get your spot! The adult summer bowling league starts May 9th and will run for 13 weeks. We charge $16 a week for a total of $208.
Get your spots early! Registration for our Bowl For Gold Summer league ends Wednesday, May 4! So secure your spot quick!
Starts: May 9th – August 3rd
Time/day: Mondays at 6:30 pm
Price Per Player: $16 a week, total $208/season
Teams: Teams of 4
Planning on dominating for your league? Why not commemorate the season! We offer prizes to each team that goes through our summer league with a voucher from LeagueRewards.com. You come and play, and we’ll get you the hookup. They offer a lot of really great items on their site. From bowling balls, bags, bowling pins and more! Check out what they have to offer here: www.leaguerewards.com
How do I sign up?
You can call 248-478-2230 to sign up or you can use our online registration form here as well.
We hope that you make Drakeshire Lanes in Farmington Hills the home of you and your team! If you have any questions feel free to call and we’ll get you the answers you need!
Friday and Saturday nights come around with a glow here at Drakeshire Lanes! It doesn’t have to be midnight to get dark. Especially at this time of year when daylights savings time has kicked in and the days are getting longer. With our Glow Bowling starting at 8:30 p.m., we have all your weekend fun set for you and your friends! Check out our glow bowl event details.
Get prepared while we turn down the lights and turn on the black lights. You’ll get in the mood with our music videos being played all over the bowling alley, disco balls, flashing lights and LED color changing lights directly above the pins giving you the most ultimate glow in the dark bowling experience in Metro Detroit! There’s no other bowling entertainment center with glow bowling like ours!
It’s a Black Light Party!
Looking for Black light party ideas? We have them, and they make for great teen party ideas and adult party ideas too! You don’t have to be a kid to have fun at glow bowling, it’s fun for everyone! Be sure to wear white or florescent clothing, so the bowling alley wont be the only thing glowing! Coordinate with your friends to wear team made black light reflective clothing, bring glow sticks, head bands whatever gets you in the glow mood!
Call before 6 p.m. to make reservations for Friday and Saturday Glow Bowling! After 6 p.m. we take your name, don’t worry, we have fun things to do while you wait! Check out our Billiards Room, The Grille and Bar with specials all night long!
Have A Teen Birthday Bowling Party
If you’re a parent of a teenage girl or boy looking for something fun to do for their birthday we have some great teen party ideas for you! We know that sometimes it is hard to please a teenager, but we are here to impress them with an awesome teen party venue . They will remember and be talking about this venue with their friends for years to come!
Best Boy and Girl Birthday Party Ideas in Michigan
Maybe you are a parent planning a Sweet 16 Birthday Party for your teenage girl. You could be a guy looking for something cool for you and your buddies to do with a friend on his birthday. In either circumstance we have a whole lot of things to do!
Here are some ideas to start with:
- Have a dance party with our bowling music network playing music videos above the lanes!
- Make it a 70’s, 80’s or 90’s party and come dressed up!
- Having a girl teen party? Come in your dresses or gowns, you may not bowl to well, buy you’ll look great!
- Bowl, Bowl, Bowl; for prizes, for fun or just bragging rights!
- Make it a glow in the dark party and come to our Glow Bowl nights! Bring glow sticks, glow bracelets, glow necklaces, glow glasses, you could even make shirts in advance with blacklight reactive electric fabric glow markers! Everyone will know who and what they are here for, a party for sure!
We have more fun things to do at our bowling party venue than just bowling and dancing, we have a game room and billiards too! There is plenty to do to keep your party people having fun during or after bowling.
With our new restaurant, lounge and banquet menu you have many food and party options for you. Feel free to spice it up with your own ideas! Contact us with things your looking to bring to the party or questions.
Need more party ideas?
Host extra games like;
- Scavenger hunt through the bowling alley
- Best bowling game wins (bring prizes for the teens)
- Mystery frames or raffles
- Don’t forget the party favor bags!
We plan many successful small to large group parties here at Drakeshire Lanes. We enjoy being able to host the reuniting fun right here at our bowling entertainment center!
We have many things to offer your class reunion party in our newly renovated building, perfect for hosting parties. Whether your having a class reunion, family reunion or any other type of party we can help the planning and accommodate you right here at Drakeshire Lanes!
Plan your Class Reunion in Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Novi, Northville or West Bloomfield
Stop by and check out the many things you can take advantage of while everyone is here:
- Game Room
- Dancing with our new music video and sound system
- Pool in our Billiards Room
- The Grille – new kitchen and menu!
- Ask about our new Catering Menu
- Bowling – regular and glow bowl!
Just call and ask! We want to help your Class Reunion Planning a breeze!
Being located in Michigan, off of Grand River Ave in Farmington Hills makes us a great class reunion venue. Also for many other types of reunions, gatherings and parties. Many “bowling alleys” in Michigan are dated, but we are a bowling entertainment center that has been strategically updated for adult enjoyment. We have state of the art sound and visual effects on the lanes and in our remodeled lounge. We truly believe it is the best local venue to host your reunion or party with bowling, food, drinks, billiards, games and dancing all within a few footsteps of each other! Need we say more?
During the holiday season we have a lot of requests to host a wide variety of parties like; Company Bowling Parties, Family Gatherings, Birthday Parties and quite a few Charity Fundraisers as well. We will assist you in handling the details and ensure that you and your guests have a memorable experience at the best entertainment and bowling center in Farmington, Michigan.
Bowling, Billiards, Food & Fun!
What more can you ask for? All of your guests will be comfortable and we customize party packages that allow your guests a variety of things to do while they eat and mingle. This is a unique party venue that lets you have a great time and stay active indoors! You and your guest will be impressed by our recently renovated entertainment and bowling center, we guarantee it!